Monday, March 21, 2011

Wholesome Breakfast

After I went through a detox program, my friend suggested that I take multi-grain porridge as breakfast rather than bread. She explained that multi-grain contained a lot more nutrients than bread. She has a friend who took only bread continuously for breakfast for a prolong time and was diagnosed with depression.

So, this friend of mine opines that food and depression are interrelated. And to take bread, which contains only empty carbo does not help my fatigue problem at all. Instead, if I take multi-grain, probably my fatigue can be kept at bay.

To me, there is no harm making a change as long as it is a good one.

Cooking multi-grain porridge is so easy.

For 1 cup of rice, add in 6 bowls of water. Cook it in the slow cooker.

Set your timer to start cooking at 3am and stop at 7am. If you need to go to work early, then, set the cooking time to be earlier. The porridge needs 3 to 4 hours to be ready under HIGH heat.

So, by the time my husband takes his breakfast at 8.15am, the porridge is still warm yet not boiling hot. It is just nice and delicious.

Surprisingly, my baby likes this too!

You can add a little of Marmite to the porridge for a start.

To be honest, I don't really like the look of the porridge at the first sight. In addition to that, I felt the porridge is tasteless...So, I added a little of Marmite to it. But now I am used to the taste and even like it better without Marmite!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads