Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Phlegm Dissolver

I had a very exhausting weekend.

My son had a serious nose block due to flu in the evening of Saturday. He woke up throughout the night and needed to be carried. Being a mother, this is one of the sacrifices I have to make...

On Sunday's evening, around 10.30pm, he woke with a cry again. We knew we had to send him to the hospital. He has history of difficulty in breathing due to thick phlegm. Once, doctor even said that he might collapse due to suffocation if we had not send him earlier. It really worried me.

We sent our son to Hospital Selayang, reaching there at 11.30pm. Blood test done and doctor checked on him and gave him Ionised Seawater Nebuliser. We were back home at around 4am. Thank God, the baby slept through the night.

My husband took leave on Monday so that he could have enough of sleep. I asked him to buy some pears.

He called back so many times asking whether it is: crystal pear, yellow pear, green pear, Korean pear or China pear.

I didn't know there are so many types of pears in the market...Each time I would just go and grab the things I wanted, pay for them and leave.

Just get the cheapest pear. Cut it and discard the core.

Go to Chinese medicine shop to get Lam Hang (Sweet Almonds) - 100grams, Chun Pui 40grams, and one Mat Chou (Honey Date). Pei Pa is optional. The amount of water is between 1.2 to 1.5 litre (serves 3 to 4).

Put everything to a slowcooker and let the soup be cooked for 3 to 4 hours.

I let my baby drank for two days and I see improvement in him. He has lesser phlegm. Though he still has flu, he can sleep through the night.

My mom saw this recipe in TV, said to dissolve phlegm and cure cough. It worths a try before taking antibiotics!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads