Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Art of Life

I received a call from a stranger yesterday. We chatted for almost an hour.

The call made me realise that I've long forgotten my hobby - drawing.

I like drawing. My parents sent me to drawing classes when I was in year 2 and the classes continued until I was in my Form 5.

Although I tried my very best, I did not get any compliments from my mother. I was sent to piano classes as well. But that did not last long.

I was soon exhausted from school work and all the practises.

I needed compliments, especially from my dear mom.

I never really know about LOVE until I met someone special... Jesus Christ. He gave me hope again. If it were not because of Him, I would not pick up the pen and write again. If it were not because of Him, I might not be here anyway.

To Nurul, thanks for your call. What I can say is that, it is not only about the classes that you are going to send your children to, but the environment, the teachers, the children themselves and you, as a parent.

Children need supportive parents, teachers and friends. They need to know that there are people who care even though they might not do well in what they are doing.

Everyone is born unique and each of us has different gift. One may draw well while the other sing well.  As parents, what we can do is to pay some attention to our children. Get to know the gifts of the children and then, sharpen their skills.

I once read that, "Life is like a white canvas. It depends on what colours you want to fill it with."

I hope ours will be filled with the colours of the rainbow.

Thanks Nurul. You have add a stroke of colour into my life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads