Friday, March 11, 2011

Steamed Pork Ribs

While I was in my confinement period after giving birth, I was overstressed thinking about myself not able to take care of my infant son. I cried day and night when I thought of how demanding my baby was.

Fortunately, I had a very caring and clever confinement lady. She comforted me by saying that cooking can be easy and she taught me some simple dishes.

When my confinement lady left, I was so stressed up because I had to feed my baby every three hours and at the same time, cook and do all the house chores which include mopping the floor and clearing the laundry. While my baby uses cloth nappy, I have so many nappies to wash, dry and fold. There is no stopping of that.

Nevertheless, overtime, I got use to the routine.

Here is a simple dish, any busy mother can cook without worrying about low or high heat or the time of cooking.

Preparation time: Roughly 15 minutes.
Cooking time: 45 minutes (depending on how long your rice cooker cooks)

Pictures (clockwise) showing the process of preparation.

1) Wash the garlic cloves and flatten them with a big knife.
2) Chop the garlic
3) Wash the pork ribs
4) Add in the marinate - some sugar, salt, 1 tbspn soy sauce, 2 tbspn Hsiao Xing wine and the chopped garlic
5) Mix well
6) Put the pork ribs to steam on the rice cooker

When the rice is cooked, so are the pork ribs.

And you have a meal of pork ribs rice for lunch!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads