Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Walnut & Corn soup

My uncle bought a pack of walnuts from Australia for us. I am not a fan of walnut but my mom was. She used to eat walnuts like snacks! But ever since she knew her blood is against nuts, she keeps to strict diet.

So, I have to do something with the walnuts...

Today, I boil walnut with corn soup. To be honest, I find the taste weird. Probably I am not used to the taste of walnuts. Nevertheless, it is worth a try since walnuts are good for the brain and I definitely need that!

Ingredients
1 handful of walnuts
2 corns
1/2 handful of Kei Chee (Wolfberry)
1/2 handful of Hong Chou (Red date)
1/2 handful of Yuk Chuk (Solomonseal Rhizome)
4 to 5 sticks of Wyai San (Chinese Yam)

1) Flatten Hong Chou (Red date) and peel off the cores.

2) Rinse all the ingredients before putting to boil

3) Boil under HIGH heat for 15 mins before turning to LOW heat and let it simmer for another 1 to 2 hours.

4) If you have chicken bones or pork ribs, add in after 1 hour and let it boil under HIGH heat for 15 to 20 minutes before turning off the gas.

The concept of soup boiling is rather easy. It is the preparation of the ingredients which one might find difficult. But you can always purchase more at one go and keep them in the refrigerator.

The first photo (top left) shows the main four ingredients commonly used for Chinese soups. Buy those in packets. You will find most of the recipes for soups are using those.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GCL said...

hmm...walnut soup, tht's creative! I think it'll taste better if you stir-fried it with crunchy veges like lotus roots, asparagus and long beans.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads