Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chinese Spinach (Po Choy)

Cooking to me is extremely easy. Firstly, I eat simple food which need no extravagant time to prepare or cook. Secondly, I've a very simple mom who cooks simple dishes. Hence, I've inherited that.

Although my husband is choosy on his food, he finds it OK to eat the vege cooked through boiling. How about you?

Put a pot of water to boil.

Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar.

Add some oil. "Some" here means as you like. I am quite a 'cin-cai' person when it comes to cooking. I want things to be done fast, fast enough to be eaten so that I can spare the time for something else.

And while you wait for the water to boil, you can do something else.

When the water is boiling, put in the Po Choy and wait till they turn dark green (which means they are cooked). If you don't know how to differentiate, then, wait till the water boils again and scoop out the vege.

Add in soy sauce to taste.

Note: I like Po Choy because they are easy to prepare...
Cut the roots away. Then, use scissors to cut the vege into three-inch length and soak for some time before cooking.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads