Friday, April 1, 2011

What is a blessing?

Who is considered blessed?

People have the misconception that having all we wanted is considered blessed. I might look poor but I am not poor. I don't understand why some people would like to think that being rich is considered blessed.

I don't have to drive a Benz or BMW to show that I've been blessed. I don't have to live in a bungalow with 10 rooms or wear branded clothes either. I feel blessed the way I am - for what God has given me - a beautiful son that I've been praying for.

No one will believe but I prayed for a child with two big round eyes and as cute as he could be. WHY? Because my husband and I don't have big eyes and I doubt our child will have that. And I felt I was always being neglected due to my looks when I was a child. Just because I was not beautiful, relatives chose to play with my cousins. Just because I was not beautiful, I did not have many friends.

I negotiated with Jesus, saying that He is a fair God and if He is willing, He will provide. And yes, my son has big ROUND eyes.

When people comment or ask about my son's big round eyes, I will smile and reply, "From God".

Blessing doesn't have to come in money form. It could be as simple as our health - we have it daily yet we never realised how important it is until we fell sick.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads