Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fried rice

Something came up yesterday's evening and I am left with a pot of overnight rice this morning. Without any mood to cook for lunch and with limited resources, I ended up frying a bowl of fried rice.

I believe that you can put anything to fried rice. But I'm so lack of resources, what I have are:



1 egg
1 onion
3 mushrooms (soaked and diced)
1 tablespoon of dried shrimps
1 plate of cooked rice (mine is mixed grains)
2 tablespoon of black bean sauce (or oyster sauce)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce

 1) Cook a scrambled egg. Leave aside.

2) Stir-fry onion till fragrant. Add in mushroom and dried shrimps and fry till fragrant.

3) Add in rice.

4) Add in the sauces and sugar. Then, add in the scrambled egg and fry till all the ingredients blend well.

Viola! You have one under-resources fried rice...I add a packet of chilli sauce to it. Hmm...Finished the rice within 5 minutes! How hungry was I?!!

How delicious it will be if only I had prawns, diced chicken meat, green peas, corns and carrots! Probably next round ya, when I'm more prepared. Anyway, just to let you know that you can always cook with whatever you have. Be creative and start early.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads