Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cordyceps to heal cough

My son is having his once-a-month cough and it always worries me. He has to be on nebuliser for once a month since last November. And it has gotten serious in March and he was on nebuliser twice. Doctor said he might be asthmatic. 

This month, when he started to cough, I wasted no time. I quickly gave him Chinese medicine (Hou Chou San). Thank God, it helps to dissolve his phlegm. Although he has not been cured totally, he could avoid the nebuliser. And to make him better, I bought the so-so-so expensive cordyceps.

To be frank, RM300 just for 14 small bundles of it is extremely expensive to me. Nevertheless, for the sake of my son, I trust the money is well spent.

As advised by the Chinese doctor:
1 to 2 small bundles of Cordyceps
1/2 bowl of water

Put to slow cooker to double boil for 4 hours.

NOTE: Cordyceps improve breathing functions and strengthen immune system. It also helps to cure chronic cough. Ask any Chinese doctor and I believe they will tell you the same. And actually, RM300 is the cheapest Cordyceps I could get. The doc even asked whether I want the RM600 one. HUH? What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, how old was ur baby when u gave cordyceps? And how much do u give?

Alice said...

Hi there. My son was 1 year and 6 months when I started to give cordyceps. Each course is one small bundle with around 1 bowl of water. actually you can adjust the amount of water to your liking. The more water you put in, the lighter the taste will be. and frankly, one small bundle of cordyceps do not produce much taste.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads