Thursday, February 26, 2009

Close yet apart

I thanked my old friend, GCL for dropping by to read my boring blog. I suppose nobody would read the blog of another unless it is of someone famous or glamourous. My sincere thanks to him for being so graceful in spending time to cheer this friend.

Just like him, I felt that the technology is growing real fast and we're like lacking behind, not knowing very much on how to function it. Just like when I've got invitations to join Friendster, it took me some months before I agreed to join and learned how to operate it. Finally, when I thought I've knew almost all the forms and functions of it, I got a new invitation to join Facebook. It's like a never ending technology meant to "draw people closer".

Yupe! Thanks to Facebook, I get to know how many of my old OLD friends were doing. Those friends of 20 years!

At the first few chats, it was always what we are doing and how life has been. Then, came the monotonous life and the relationship ended abruptly just like what happened 20 years ago. Does that mean a broken friendship should be left just like? Should it be left untouched?

I don't know. I tried sending sms to my old friends asking them what they were doing and should they have any outing, they can give me a call. But none call up. Hmmm...in their mind, they're doing what is right - they leave me to my husband. Yes, I've a husband. But that does not mean I'll leave all my friends.

Now, I'm not the one leaving them... but they are!

FRIENDS

We are so close, seeing each other through Facebook and Friendsters so often yet so far apart!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads