Monday, February 16, 2009

The Cooking Life of a Wife

I tried to make it a habit to cook since I came back from Bukit Tinggi last Monday. There, I learned some cooking techniques and health info from my church members and I vowed to cook everyday (Monday to Friday).

Today, after I handed in my research proposal, I stayed in the library for another three hours before driving back to prepare my cooking. It is fun cooking. I like experimenting with stir-frying technique though my mom disliked it so much. She said it'll make the whole house oily, smelly and dirty. After each stir-frying job, there would be a thorough cleaning. So, mom said, STEAMING is good enough.

I do get bored with steaming all the time. So, I tried stir-frying some vegetables today. When the wok was red, I poured in some oil. Then, the oil started to boil and I could see smoke coming up from the wok. I quickly poured in some garlic only to find that the garlic got burnt just a moment after I poured them in. Alas! I'd to throw all the garlic, wash the wok and start all over again. But it was fun. I felt happy being able to cook, especially for my mom and hubby to consume.

When I finally sat down and wanted to take some rest, I requested the newspaper from my hubby. He was reluctant to give it to me and said that he wanted to read it when he was actually watching TV program then. I was so frustrated. That's why I ended up switching on my computer and typing this away. I felt that my hard work gone unappreciated. He would never know.

"It's just another dinner," he might think. But the time spent on it gone unnoticed.

This is reality...the ugly truth of marriage life...and cooking life of a wife!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads