Friday, May 27, 2011

My birthday

My birthday has always been plain.

When I was in primary school, I always hoped that people would know what I wished for and get them for me. But those remained as wishes. Dad never had any birthday parties for me. And so, I didn't get any presents for  my birthday.

When I was in secondary school, I shared with other friends to buy presents for birthday girls (yes, GIRLS only because I was in all girls school). In return, I hoped that when my birthday comes, they would get me something I wanted too. I got mugs, glasses and cups. I wondered why my friends thought I liked drinking so much. Probably because I always brought a 1.5litre bottle of water to school.

When I was in varsity, I did the same as  in secondary school. Yes, occasionally my friends did gave me surprises. But still, I didn't get what I wanted...

Sometimes, I feel myself like a little girl, refusing to grow up without the presents I wanted. I'm yearning for people to understand me and give me something I wanted...

And now that I'm married with a child, my wishes of getting glamourous or beautiful presents have turned into wishes of HEALTH and REST.

Yea, I've prayed for Health for my son because he is weak all the time, having to take medication for his cough. And Rest...I'm so exhausted, I needed a good rest.

NOTE: I "applied" for my leave but was rejected. =( *sob*sob* But as long as my son is healthy, it's good enough...Can't be too greedy, right?

NOTE: I've to thank GCL and PL for the surprises and presents they have given me. I didn't forget about the cake, flower, necklace, perfume, etc. Thank you...appreciate that! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads