Saturday, October 3, 2015

Positive ways against bed bugs!

What is unseen SOUNDS scarier than what could be seen... OK (take a deep breath). I decided I need to be brave. Bed bugs are just as big as apple seeds. So why scare? 

However....Even after having pest control to come and sprayed the whole house with pesticides, the fear of bed bugs prowling INSIDE the cupboard or behind some creaks or corners gave me sleepless nights. 

I've to admit I made a very big mistake, AGAIN and it's a very costly one. Before I called in the pest control, I should have read more thoroughly than being panicked. Now that what is done is done, I've to throw away my mattresses because the smell of the pesticides is unbearable. Even if the smell is gone, I doubt I'll let my baby to sleep on treated mattresses as I read that it's hazardous to let kids sleep on bed with pesticides. You'll never know what will happen to their lungs in the long run, breathing poison while they're sleeping and breathing haze during the day! It's simply choking. 

I hate to think that I was cheated but who doesn't want business? Not many will be honest to decline $$$. 󾍀

Some simple advices to those who have bed bugs so that you don't have to dump everything!:-

1) Don't panic. Call a steam wash company. Bed bugs are afraid of heat or cold. So steaming them up will kill them completely, including their eggs. 

2) Remove all the clothes from the cupboard and have them laundered. Drown them in the washing machine and cook them up with super hot water. 

3) Use mattress encasement. The existing bed bugs will be suffocated and starved in the encasement. 

4) Uncluttered the room to reduce any hiding places for the bed bugs. 

5) Check for gaps, holes, crevices, corners which bed bugs may have a chance to hide there. 

6) Set a trap. A simple one with : one layer of masking tape and then another layer of double side tape. When the bed bugs are out hunting for blood, they'll get stuck on the double side tape before reaching you!

I've to share with you a very sincere cleaning company who's willing to chat up with me and shared his experience though I did not give him any businesses. I think he deserves a thumb up here. If you need home sanitation, you may try to contact: Fibre Care 017-2992343. He may not be able to pick up call on the spot but he'll eventually return your call or reply to your enquiry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads