Friday, October 16, 2015

Being myself

I've watched videos on making Oreo cheesecake for more than 20 times in Youtube and frankly, I'm obsessed with the videos. I can't help clicking on new videos to watch because I think the more videos I watch, the better cake I'll make. 

First thing first, I made a trip to bakery supplies shop with the recipe in hand. And that trip cost me more than RM100! I felt like a super stupid lady because I was "conned" to buy so many other unrelated things when I knew so well what I wanted!!! 😢

Today, after much hesitation, I started to make the cake. After I've completed, I felt like a loser again, with two sinks full of dishes to wash. I wondered whether other bakers have to wash as much. It's exhausting and I felt guilty as I've neglected my darlings when I was so engrossed in doing what I wanted to do. 

While I was washing, I made a conclusion - probably I should not try to do something what others do best but do something I know best. While I always wanted to be a super-mom - being able to teach, bake, cook, clean, sew and more, I should just do what I can i.e. sing, dance and read to my children, and not forgetting the skill of writing bestowed to me by God. 

It's self-fulfillment to be able to make a cake for my children's birthday, but it's even better if I could spend more valuable time with them. I believe it's not harmful to buy a cake for them, isn't it? Leave it to the professionals for the best result since God created us with different skills and if I can't be a baker, I can still be others. Cheers! 😉






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads