Friday, October 30, 2015

Bed bugs again!!

I refused to believe when I had bites again though they were as itchy as my previous experience with bed bugs. "They looked different. It couldn't be bed bugs," I assured myself. 

So...the bugs returned for another hearty blood meal on the whole of my right leg to prove their existence. Now, this time I am really sure it is from the bed bugs. The bite marks are in a line and it's so itchy i was awaken by it at 2.30am!! And can't fall asleep thereafter because my greatest fear has come back to haunt me. What can I do?

I have to admit, my husband and I are passive people. We only move when we need to. Quick actions are not always imperative unless it's emergency. And I hate to say I hate my husband who is a couch potato! Nothing seem to move him unless he needs to.

The last time, I made the decision to call in the pest control. But it didn't work. We were cheated. The pest control company assured us that one-time pesticides can kill all bed bugs. It was merely a month after the treatment and the bed bugs are back! I regretted calling the pest control and had to throw away our expensive mattress. 

Though I didn't see any bugs after the treatment, I couldn't be at ease. So, I took in the advice from a friend, who is also fighting against bed bugs, to purchase diatomaceous earth (DE) powder. A 1kg purchase is recommended by the supplier to battle against bed bugs. We made a quick purchase but didn't do anything until my leg was bitten! 

It was up to this week, after much pushing AND after feeling like I want to kill myself, my husband was willing to work with me to patch up the holes along the box spring and put on the mattress encasement. We pulled the bed away from the walls and let it stayed isolated in the room. We put containers (with DE powder) under the legs of the bed to trap bed bugs if there's any which climb up or down the bed. 

It's exhausting...and I feel like I'm losing though the battle has just started.

Oh, how I prayed we can be freed from bed bugs when I open my eyes the next morning but how could it be? God will help us. But we need to do something too. 







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads