Saturday, October 17, 2015

Egg pudding or steamed egg

When I looked back at my previous recipes, I just couldn't believe myself. I've to apologize, my previous steamed egg was so far from perfect. After all these years, I definitely have improved in my cooking skill and this is the ultimate result for egg pudding or steamed egg - one which is smooth on the surface, soft in texture and without the sign of bubbles on top of it. 

Below is the recipe I found some weeks ago by Amy Beh, our local famous chef. 

I didn't bother to sieve the mixture after they were whisked. I believe the result would be better if I did as the pudding will have a fairer and smoother texture, without the yellowish substance. Nevertheless, I mine is good enough to look at and delicious to taste!

Enjoy! 

Recipe:

3 eggs 
200ml of fresh milk
50ml of water 

1) Beat the eggs 
2) Add in milk and water
3) Sieve the mixture 
4) Put to steam over high heat for 15 minutes 

*It's important to check on the heat. I opened the cover slightly to allow some heat to escape. Over-heated egg pudding will look crumbled up. 








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads