Saturday, March 26, 2016

My heart aches

I don't know why I wasn't aware of his addiction to television until we had our first child. 

We used to watch tv together during dinner and after dinner until before bed. It was never a problem until Isaac was born. We continued to watch tv. He could play by himself, we thought. It was until he was two that I felt something was really wrong. He needed a good example and we were not setting good examples by watching tv endlessly and especially when it interrupted his sleeping time. Isaac used to sleep at 11pm or 12am at times!

I stopped watching tv. I wanted to spend more time with Isaac. I hated it when my husband rather watched TV than playing with him. It doesn't make sense. Man wants to have a family and when he has a wife and child, he refuses to give them time. So what's the point of having a family? That's my reason to have a fight with my husband - ALL THE TIME.

And the more fight we had, the more bitter I am. It didn't help. He won't change for us. And I just couldn't change him. I could only change myself to adapt to him. 

It makes me strong when I think that I'm depending on God. Though I may be strong, there are still times, my heart aches so much I wish I weren't here. Why am I the only one who's playing and accompanying the OUR children? Why am I the only who thinks setting a good example is a must for the kids to lead a Christian life? Why only me? 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads