Friday, March 4, 2016

What if I'm gone today?

I don't understand why boys like playing battle. Maybe it's in them that one day they'll grow to be strong men to protect the weaker ones. However, my son has found the wrong partner - his sister to play with him. I couldn't stop laughing when I hear my daughter said, "Mama, see! Nana (Hannah) die already," while she lay on the floor.

It reminded me of my own faith. Though I have been a full time mother for years, I have been too busy working and constantly looking for freelance writing jobs or jobs I can do from home. I could have done better but I didn't as a mom, a wIfe, a sister in Christ, a neighbour. What if The Lord is to take me away? Or what if Jesus were to come right away? Am I ready to go? 

Our lord Jesus said, "No one knows about that day or hour,...Be on guard! Be alert!" Mark 13: 32. 

More often than not, we are lost in the busyness of daily routines or to work harder for more money. Hence, putting away what God really wants us to do - to minister to His people. And as for me, to minister the children under my care. As the late pastor Adrian Rogers put it, we don't have to be a pastor to minister or preach. We are ministering God's people when we testify Christ in our family, our job, our society, etc. 

"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5: 16

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads