Saturday, March 26, 2016

The root of bitterness

I have no mood to read though I know I should read the Bible everyday. Sometimes, I just do not know what I want or what I am doing but I just keep sliding the screen on my phone while skimming through Facebook. Then, I stopped at a photo of my church members. 

They're a jovial and well respected couple. They're also proud parents of three children. But it hurt me when I see their photo. I don't quite understand. 

After reading my Bible, I finally understood. Praise The Lord for revealing to me what was wrong. 

Long ago, during lunch, we were chatting and I said that I couldn't really work in the administrative department or handle paper works. It was so boring that I almost fell asleep during work (I was relating my work experience as a marine claim executive). Then this experienced uncle 'taunted' me with something like, "that's because you've never worked in the bank administrative before. It is so busy practically that you won't get to breath. My daughter is working in a bank now. You can always ask her. She's as busy as I do. You won't be able to fall asleep." 

I felt hurt. And that hurt was a seed planted deep into my heart. And whenever I see this uncle or his daughter, I don't seem bless them but feel bitter. 

I prayed that God remove this bitterness. Why should I be hurt with that little conversation? Our lord Jesus Christ was humiliated and accused yet remained calm. In fact, He even prayed to our Father in heaven to forgive the sinners because they do not know what they're doing. Yes, forgive others and release self from being bitter is the best option to be joyful in The Lord. 

As human, we tend to speak a lot and sometimes we speak wrongly or have hurt others but we don't know. Pray that God will always guide us in our speech so that we will not hurt or provoke others by our words. 

Amen. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads