Monday, March 21, 2016

The journey of being grateful

Last Saturday I went to church for a talk on depression. It was more of being a support to the speaker because we heard that she was in her final stage of breast cancer and she may die soon. So our attendance might mean something to her. But who knows I was the one who gained insight during the visit. 

So, here I wanted to start my journey of being a grateful person and to let God's love showers me day after day. In the days to come, I shall write about what I am grateful about rather than complaining or condemning. 

Today, after breakfast, I took my Bible to read. The impression of Luke 6: 37 was especially strong in my mind. And what a coincident that when I opened another devotional book and it talked about the same topic! It's the first blessing, reminder and miracle that has happened today. God wanted to remind me that :

Do not judge, and you will not be judged.
Do not condemned, and you will not be condemned.
Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Give, and it will be given to you.

Oh, how long have I lived my life complaining about this and that. I wish my husband would be this and that and I always said, "Why can't you....?" rather than being a better listener. 

I thank God for letting me know what a complainer I was! 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads