Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Do not judge and you will not be judged

While I was doing my evening prayer before going to sleep yesterday, I realised what I had sinned during the day. 

It was in the morning that I read about God's words of not to judge others and there, in the afternoon I judged someone - a sis in Christ. I find that when my mom is around, I tend to talk foolishly and without guarding my lips and tongue which is very wrong. The point of bringing up the topic to my mom was that I wanted her to know that we shouldn't take any herbs when we are already sick. We should listen to doctor's advice. 

I was relating the incident that a sis is diagnosed with third stage breast cancer. The fact is, she knew about the cancer when she had it in the first stage but refused to do anything about it. She listened to some direct selling friends and took Ling Zhi, a Chinese herb, which is believed to be able to cure cancer. But after taking it for years, the tumor has enlarged from 3cm to 13cm now! 

Though I was trying to advice my mom, I was also judging the sister for being stubborn. When I was reviewing my speech, I realized I had spoke unkindly about her. I was not her. She was still young. She could have fear from mastectomy and refused to lose a breast. She was looking for other alternative besides mastectomy and chemotherapy. She wished she had made a right decision in preserving what a woman should have - a complete body with two breasts - but who knows the cancer turns monstrous. 

And today, God's words ring again in me. 

"Whatever is true, 
Whatever is right, 
Whatever is noble, 
Whatever is pure, 
Whatever is lovely, 
Whatever is admirable, 
If anything is excellent 
Or praiseworthy, 
Think about such things."

Philippians 4:8

Before speaking again, I should think whether it's true. Never to simply judge before knowing the feelings and conditions of what others are feeling.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads