Monday, January 12, 2009

Millionaire - Part 2

When my bro and I were little, we would dream of being a millionaire, billionaire, zillionaire, etc. Then dad would snap, “Yea, right. You don’t have to wait. You’re already having million Hairs!”
When I was in early teens, dad bought many cheap-plak T-shirts with all sorts of brands. I was living in the naïve world of my own, not knowing what those brands about, just understood that those brands meant good. Silly! This continued until bro entered college. Then, he brought in the idea of BRANDS into the family. He refused wearing fake things dad bought. He taught me what a real brand is – Levis, Guess, Timberland, Nike, etc. To me - Shirt is shirt. Pants are pants. They are garments to cover private parts.
I remembered the joke my uncle once told me. He said that when he was still a “YB”, whatever he wore or used were thought to be REAL. Once he used an imitation pen to sign a document, the friend beside him said, “YB, nice pen! It must be very expensive.” My uncle smiled and quickly kept the pen away.
It’s all in the mind. When you’re “someone”, people will look up to you and beg at your feet.
I once read a proverb which sounds like this: “I lament for not having shoes until I saw a man without feet!”
It’s all in the mind. Millionaire is just another human – made of flesh and blood, nothing different from the rest of us. But the only difference is that they are RICH, damn RICH. The richness that could not bring any happiness…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads