Monday, January 12, 2009

Friday with Mitch

Anyone who has read the book "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom would know who is Mitch and I’ve spent almost my entire day dating with him today.

Yea…listening to what he wrote through the book.

I cried so many times reading through pages of simple yet beautiful story he had written. Maybe because Dad is not around and I’ve related Dad with Morrie. I could understand the pain and "grey" feeling in someone sick. These days when I am praying for people who have cancer, I can’t stop myself from crying. Though they are not related to me, they are just like my dad; with withering limps, they slowly lose themselves to the disease.

For the past few weeks, I’ve drown myself in the ritual of self-pity. What’s there in life?

Just like today, when I’m on an MC, few people called me. The call went like this:

Mrs X : Alice, you’re not in the office?

Alice : No, I’m not. Why?

Mrs X : This blah, blah, blah. That blah blah blah. So, when are you coming to work?

Alice : Monday.

Mrs X : Why are you not coming to work today?

Alice : Gastric.

Mrs X : Gastric? Ohhh…ok. Bye.

Oh, she’s so mean. But that’s the fact in life. People are so busy with their own activities and who care about who’s sick and who’s not? Who cares whether you had your hair done or you’ve cut your finger today?

I like one of the quotes in the book, "Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live." Albom, Mitch (1997:82)

It brings me a deja vu feelings. That’s what my sister-in-law told me some time ago. She always asks herself, "If I’m going to leave this minute, this second, do I have something which I’m regret of?" That makes her live better. She graps every opportunities. She appreciate people and TIME. Whenever she had a fight with her husband, she would eventually talk to him first. It’s not about who apologises first will be in wrong but who appreciates…Will you feel sorry if you’re going to leave another second and yet, you hold grudges against the people closest to you?

Today, Mitch wakes me to the reality, not the harsh side, but the lovely sight of it. Ahh…What if I’m going to die this moment? What do I have to say?

"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who ill-treat you." Luke (6:27)

"Do for others just what you want them to do for you." Luke (6:31)

"Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up; and its faith, hope and patience never fail." 1 Corinthians (13:4-7)

Each of us is the writer of our own life, which we like others to read and share. I wonder whether anyone is readng this…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads