Monday, January 12, 2009

Funeral #2

Last Sunday, I sms my friend on when she wanted to go for holiday with my family as promised. She replied saying that her grandmother was very ill. So, we cancelled the holiday plan.

Yesterday, my husband received an sms on a funeral to attend. We were wondering who it was…When we reached the place, I saw my friend. She was pale from crying and gave a weak smile when she saw us.

Before the service began, my husband helped out to clean the table with peanuts shell and glasses of tea. It was all the same during my dad’s funeral. When will the people learn that attending funeral is not about getting together and chatting, drinking and eating? It’s about respect for the death and consolation for the deceased’s family members.

My friend’s grandmother died of brain tumour at the age of around 80. She had seen her children. She had seen her grandchildren. Still how much more had she wished to do?

A beggar will get sick. So do a millionaire.

A beggar will die. So do a millionaire.

It prompted me to think, "How much could I earn? How much could I bring to death?"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads