Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fish head soup

It took me quite some time before I actually dared to buy a fish head. ALL the recipes that I have on fish head soup looked delicious but seemed difficult to me. Yea, it's difficult because it needs you to FRY the fish head before boiling it as soup.

So, the last trip back to Johor to visit my  mom-in-law, a co-owner of a restaurant, I took the opportunity to ask on how to make a pot of good fish head soup.

I needed the confidence that fish head need not be fried to make a pot of good soup.

Ingredients:
3 cloves of garlic
1 onion (to add sweetness)
2 tomatoes (to add sweet with soury taste)
1 slice of ginger (to remove the fishy smell)

some cut spring onion
1 fish head

Taste enhancer:
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of soy sauce or to taste

1) Stir-fry the garlic till fragrant.
2) Put the fried garlic and the rest of the ingredients into a pot to be boiled.
3) When the water is boiling, put in the fish and let it be boiled for 15 minutes before turning off the heat.
4) Garnish with spring onions.

NOTE: The soup is ok for me but not my husband. He is quite sensitive towards fishy smell. I guess I need to put in more ginger the next time if I'm having this soup again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads