Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where lies my strength?

I called a counsellor today. Unable to make decision whether to continue with my thesis, I cried on the phone. I hated my supervisor so much for delaying  me. I hated the fact that I've to go on with this supervisor OR quit everything.

One conversation led to another and I ended up with a face wet with tears and a question in mind - what are my strengths?

I have always liked writing and teaching. But since my supervisor condemned on my writing and commented that I am not good enough to be a teacher, I quit everything! That was two years ago. I lost my vision and without Dad around to give me encouragement in writing, I was a lousy person.

I learned piano but quit when mom told me I couldn't play a good piece of song.
I learned art but quit when mom told me I couldn't draw anything that looks good.
I liked writing children's stories but quit when my supervisor told me my writing was so grave.

The counselor asked, "What strengths do you think you have?"
I replied, "None."

"You have strengths. Just spend some time to think," the counselor advised.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads