Thursday, June 23, 2011

My son might be having asthma...

Yesterday around 9.30pm, we rushed our son to the general hospital. It was no surprise for us anymore that Isaac needs nebuliser each time he has a cough.

Previously, when he started to cough early of the month, I tried giving him Scott's fish liver oil which has made its name in the market to be one of the best supplement to build up children's immune system. I was glad that Isaac's cough was under control. He coughed only once or twice a day. But then, two days ago, things turned ugly. The supplement did not work anymore. Probably Isaac's body has used to the supplement and the virus in him are taking charge instead. So, his cough becomes serious and we could hear him wheezing.

Doctor gave him steroids medication. I asked whether it is necessary to give steroids at this age. The answer was, "YES."
I was not satisfied with the answer. I brought Isaac to visit another doctor near our house. His answer was the same. In fact, he has been giving Isaac steroids for the past visits! I was shocked to know that. I am a pro-natural person and to know that I've been giving my son steroids was like having a huge blow in my face.

If it is possible, I wanted Isaac to avoid steroids as much as possible. But if that is unavoidable, then may we have the courage to accept it and move on...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads