Thursday, January 7, 2016

My son starts his primary one!

My son has started primary one. 󾌥

I was more nervous than he did. Well, I am always the nervous type. Afraid of being late to school, afraid of getting stuck in the jam, afraid of this and that...

Isaac on the other hand, is a happy go lucky person. After the first day, he came back telling me, "Teacher said, tomorrow all parents cannot sit in the canteen. You all should go far far away to see us eat only."

Me: So, I don't need to go to school to see you? Are you sure you know how to buy food?

Isaac: Yes la.

Yet, today my mom and I went to school and waited till his recess time. When he saw us, he asked us to go far far away. Then he lined up to buy food. When we reappeared, he quickly hid the junk food he had bought under the table. My mom assured him that I won't scold him for buying junk food. Then only he took it out to eat. What a boy! 

I was mad when I saw him buying junk food. What a waste of money! But my mom said that I have been too strict with him and that makes him wanting to hide whatever "secrets" from me and that's dangerous. 󾍂 

My mom said she never controlled what my brother and I bought to eat when we were kids. Why do that to my son? He needs to have his childhood memory of "junk food" before accepting that they are just junk. Haiii...quite true. I don't eat junk food now. I've had my share when I was a kid and now, I hate junk food. They just make you look horrible with lots of colouring! 󾌿

Maybe I should let go a bit...a bit only. 󾌵

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads