Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My son's first week in school

Last time, it was Thangachini and this time, it was Atilah. My son never fails to surprise me!

Last week was the first week of school for my son who has been registered for Year One. Like all mothers, I was excited as well as nervous. But the school was rather strict. Parents were only allowed to come into the school during the first three days. We have to learn to let go though in our minds, there are still too many things which we think our kids couldn't handle. 

So, with my mom's encouragement, I didn't go to visit my son during recess at all on the third day. He had told me very confidently he knows how to buy food for himself. 

On the fourth day of school, I got the chance to meet with his class teacher after school to say good bye. And his teacher took the opportunity to tell me something which I have expected yet have been praying for it not to happen. 

"He likes to talk. He talks too much. All his classmates have been complaining about him," his teacher said. 

😰😰

I smiled. "Yes. He likes to talk." I warned him in front of his teacher and his teacher said, "Yes. You cannot talk so much. Otherwise, I'll put you in a 'special seating'." 

I smiled and said goodbye to the teacher.

That's my son. It was just the first week and his teacher has changed his seating for three times. Teachers thought that he won't be able to communicate with students from other races but they didn't know that my son is truly 1 Malaysia boy! He can speak to whoever sitting beside him be it an Indian or Malay. 

And today, teacher changed his seating again because he has been talking too much with Atilah. 

Yet he is very happy.

"I've two new friends today!" 
"Oh, that's great! How did you make friends with them? ...??? Teacher changed your place again?" 
"Yes!"
😬😰😰


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads