Friday, January 8, 2016

Belligerent, proud and ignorant young drivers

I live in Setapak and it is very close to TAR COLLEGE. Needless to say, this place has been turned into a city with condos by developers to meet the demands of property investors. Most of the condos here are rented out to students thus, our neighbours are mostly students from other states. I have had very friendly students as my neighbours but that was many years ago. Nowadays, many have grown tired of greeting people and become expressionless. What's worse is - they drive dangerously. Some are simply belligerent and ignorant, ignoring one-way or no entry signs as well as coming out from junctions and expecting you to avoid them. 

I remembered having my first car when I was 25. That was my dad's 20 years old Toyota Corolla. Later on, I bought a second hand Kancil with all my savings and a loan from my dad. A car was something so precious to us, we drive with utmost care. But nowadays, parents give cars, especially new ones to college children. How puffed up these kids are! They speed even in the condo itself! What are they trying to prove? You don't understand. I do hope the parents will examine their kids driving skill before letting them drive out to harm the lives of others.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads