Sunday, January 24, 2016

Setting an example

He was playing with his younger brother in the playroom. 

Me: Kor kor, how old are you?
Boy: I'm am 8.
Me: Oh...this playroom is for kids aged 6 and below. But you can go to the library section to read some books. 
Boy: 😊 (ran away to get his bag. Then, sat beside his parents and took out a book from his bag to read.) 

I was amazed at his obedience. I found complete obedience in him without any struggles. He didn't doubt on what I had said. He also didn't return to the play area which he was forbid to enter. He simply OBEYED. 

His parents? They were the one that cleaned the table after each meal. Quiet, elegant yet shines like the lamp that mentioned in the Bible. I believe this is the type of Christians that God wants us to be: 

"Let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16

The parents need not be loud. They just need to shine and be examples for the children to follow. They're my cell group member and today, before we went out for Sunday service, I'd received his whatsapp on today's Daily Bread that he had pondered upon. No wonder the parents are always on guard. They start the day with God's words! I hope that I'm able to talk to them and know them personally one day for they've inspired me to be a better parent. 

Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the ONLY means.
Albert Einstein



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads