Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 3: Patience

I'm a caterpillar, caterpillar crawling slowly, 
Patient, patient is my other name,
But one day, I will turn, 
Into a butterfly, 
I can't wait - to fly high, 
But for now, patient, patient, 
Crawling slowly.

This is a song I created for Hannah after she took out my amigurumi caterpillar and played with it. All of a sudden, I related caterpillar with being patient and came up with this song. Praise The Lord. I really do hope this song can become a good Christian song for children to learn about patience.

I woke up in the morning, though exhausted because Hannah hadn't been able to sleep well due to slight fever. Like usual, life is dynamic no matter how exhausted you are. But I took the courage and as planned and prayed, I pulled Isaac to the living hall before we left for his school. I apologised to him for all the wrongs that were done and asked him for his forgiveness and we prayed together. It was a good start.

Throughout the day though unfavorable things happened, I prayed and tried to keep calm. I kept singing the song I made and reminded myself to have more patience. 

Because I was more patient with Isaac, I can see that he was more patient also and though he still answered me with a "No" when asked to do something, he negotiated with his tone. 
When I said, "You still have five more minutes only to bath."
He disagreed with a big NO but seeing my downcast face, he added, "six minutes." 
I smiled and said, "Sure."

I gave him Robo poli car, a toy I've bought a few months ago but have been keeping on the top shelf. I thought by putting it high up and letting him see, it gives a sense of encouragement to improve on his behavior. We had a deal. He needed to have 10 smileys in order to get the toy as a reward. But today I changed my mind - with prayers. 

"Today, I'm going to give you this toy. It's not because you've done any good or deserves it. But because I love you. Love has no conditions. Just like how Jesus loves us. He died for us not because we deserves it but because He loves us." 

I thank God for today, as He has given me strength to love my unlovable child and in him, I can see love again. 

My Bible verse to memorize today: 
1John 2:15
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads