Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Why to believe in Christ?

I am the youngest in my family with an elder brother. We used to live in a temple and my grandma was a medium. Just in case if you don't know what a medium is - a medium is one who lets the spirit to take on his/her physical body and soul for a time being and so, the spirit can speak through that person. Any idea?
OK. Since young, I was very afraid of dark although I lived in the temple. Probably because of all the idols in the house, it made me scare to go to the toilet at night. And I would always carry talismans in the purse or bags so to 'protect' myself against evil spirits.

Nevertheless, when I saw my mom got hurt through black magic or charm, I was so scared. Mom had to look for a master to cure her from the charm. And it made me scare of this so call "God" that I'd been believing so far.

To me, a God is supposed to protect me against all and EVERYTHING and make me feel peaceful and not scared. Although there were people who came to the temple to preach, before they could speak of anything besides, "Have you heard of Jesus?", they were turned down by the temple caretaker. I wished I had the opportunity to listen to the story of Jesus. He must be someone great. I like listening to story. Which children don't?

As I grew older, I became more obsessed with my own belief. All the aunties and uncles words of "truth" that Jesus is someone from the foreign country and not for us, Chinese, and how believing in Christ will cause one to hang in the middle of sky after death was enough to scare a teenager like me.

Once, friends of me, a twin sisters invited me to their church for Christmas and told me that there would be a sketch on the story of Jesus. I was elated. Now, for once I wanted so much to listen to the story of Jesus. I begged my brother and mom to go with me. Yes, we went. I got to know that Jesus died on the cross. But why?

I did not know much about this guy, Jesus, until I was 23. That was when my husband brought  me to his church. At first, I was absolute of  my own belief. I voiced a separation if  my husband, then bf, was to force me to convert. But then, after listening to the Reverend, I gave up my belief and took upon the cross.

The one and only statement that struck me to drop off my past belief and to pick up the cross was:
"Jesus can protect you against all harm, including ghosts and black magic."

Do you want the same peace?

Believing in Christ gives me true peace that I've never had before. Now, I can go anywhere I like without worrying being attack by a ghost!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes ooh my sister Jesus is the way,the truth and life, no one goes to the father except through Christ.Amen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads