Friday, February 17, 2017

Please line up...

Queue up, please..

My whole family moved to Setapak 17 years ago. I took public bus to the city to work when I was 24. I had to be at the bus stop at 6:30am or I would be late for my 8:30am work. Taking bus was not something fancy because the bus stopped at every stop to pick up people and we were most often sandwiched between each other than getting a seat. Nevertheless, the most unforgettable experience was the moment of stepping and being stepped on while getting on the bus. It was no surprise that NO ONE actually line up for the bus. When the bus came, everyone rushed to it, elbowed and stepped on each other to get on it. It was like a WAR each morning! 

Now, fast forward 12 years later, I was impressed to see the TAR College students lined up for their bus to the college. Well, I don't remember seeing this before. But ever since the bus stop was renovated or upgraded with roof top, the people lined up. Or maybe, once upon a time in Setapak, there was a HERO that started the principle of lining up and hence, everyone does it today. 

I believe that not many like to line up. They line up just because they have no choice but to follow the majority. So, for a LINE UP culture, someone has to start it, and others support it. 

It is disheartening to see people nowadays jump queue at traffic lights or toilets or anywhere if they could find an excuse to do so. 

We should "upgrade" our mentality like how we wanted to upgrade our facilities.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads