Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Painful Experience

It was a tremendous experience to be a first time mother. I was praying and asking my baby to come before the due date because I could wait no longer and was getting more and more impatient. The day before I had bleeding, I ate a very bowl of very spicy Asam Laksa. Then, the next morning, I was having brownish discharge. Later it turned to be light pink. Yes, I was sure the baby was coming.

My sis-in-law called and advised me to be calm and wait till the contractions or the water burst. So, I kept waiting. My husband was getting quite anxious and hurried himself into setting the baby's cot while I watched and waited.

At around 2pm, my contractions started. It came 4 hours once, then three hours once and it was getting closer and closer. When it was midnight, the contractions came 10 minutes once! I was so exhausted from the pain and was unable to sleep through the night. The next morning, my husband and I decided to go to the hospital for a check-up. The doctor advised to put me for ECG test and it was tested that my contractions came 7 minutes once. Doctor said that I must check in the hospital. So, I did. He broke my water bag and I started to wait in the bed for the baby to come...

It was around 10.30am when I started to wait in the bed with the contractions coming closer and closer. My husband was beside me, trying to comfort me. When it was about 5.00pm, I had only dilated 4.5cm and the doctor said that the dilation was extremely slow. In the midst of drowsiness from the gas I inhaled and the pain, I told my husband to pray for God's will. We would wait for another half an hour and if there is not further dilation, I would have to go under the knife.

When the time came, the doctor checked with us again for our decision. I was in extreme pain by then, not being able to control myself from screaming. The contractions came 1 minute once. I felt as if my stomach was going to burst. I was crying and tearfully, I prayed for God to take me away from the pain. The following things I could remember was the nurse gave me some isotonic drinks and then, I was asked to sign many pages of papers, agreeing on the operation and asked to shift from the labour room's bed to a mobile bed. Then, I was pushed to the hall and before entering the Operation Theatre, I was asked to shift to another bed again. I was totally exhausted and all I could do was groaning and crying. The nurse asked me to be quick to avoid further contractions pain. I did my best to shift from bed to bed. Then, I was asked whether to go on half consciousness or full anesthetic and I said, "Tidur, saya mau tidur," and I was pushed into the Operation Theatre. Before they started to operate me, I had to reconfirm the signatures I made earlier that it was mine. And I was left to sleep peacefully...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads