Thursday, January 9, 2014

ABC soup with pressure cooker

I am doing a spring cleaning on my blog posts and found this: 

My mom has a pressure cooker which she wanted to hand over to me for a long long time. But I was adamant that I didn't need one because I like using gas stove to cook. Just like my mom, I don't like something to do with new technology. (Oops! Using iPad is one of my breakthrough recently). 

Though I didn't want to use it, I didn't want mom to give away such precious thing. So, it is in my house ever since November. 

As I am heavily pregnant now, my mood to cook fluctuate. So, now the pressure cooker comes in handy. 

All I have to do is blanch the pork ribs in boiling water for around 3 to 5 minutes, then throw all the necessary ingredients into the pot, add in 10 cups of water and press the button "Bone". Very soon, around 45 minutes, I have my soup on the table. 

The rate I would give is 8 for the taste. Using pressure cooker for soup is easy and fast but the soup lacks taste compared to boiling it for two hours. Anyway, this is a good alternative for those who are busy or running out of time for good soup. For better taste, you can increase the cooking time to two hours. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads