Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dead friendship

Any relationship is the same. You need to put in time and effort to maintain its warmth. A warm glass of water left on the table will turn cold eventually. I heard that from a Parenting & Marriage counselor.

It rings true to me. Previously I thought that as long as I keep in touch even after a long time, things would be the same. But it turned out otherwise.

I've always longed to meet up or keep in touch with one of my old time buddy - a 20 years buddy. I thought that distance n time didn't matter. We can talk when we were free. There's no need to meet up often. But I was wrong. Along the way, she has found other good buddy to share her ups n downs, thus eliminating me from her life altogether.

Probably I treated her like my sibling. We don't have to meet often but we understand each other. I thought it'll work out but it didn't. Dead friendship it is now - no need of concern, care or contact. Though I miss her, she treated me like an invalid. It's like having a knife stabbed into my heart, how I longed to tell her I treated her as my best buddy. But I guess she cared no more.

Probably it's time to let go...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads