Sunday, May 12, 2013

What is wrong with good?

I have always been good. I've always thought that "good" is enough. But there is a problem with it.

Recently, I heard a recorded talk on the Jews education. It is a tremendous findings to me. Why Jews are so successful in the world? Though their population is little, they survive through the years and yet, become the most successful people in the whole world. Say for example, 7 out of 8 movie companies are owned by the Jews. Why the Swiss watches are known for the quality? Because the Jews did not settle for good. They settle for the BEST. Whatever they do, they strive to be the best so that the glory may be given to the Lord.

Good is not enough. I thought being in the first class was enough. I should opt to be the first among the best, shouldn't I? I thought scoring above 3.0 CGPA was good enough. But isn't 4.0 CGPA is far better and I would have gained a scholarship to overseas for my Master degree!

Life could be better if I had strive for the best instead of being just good.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads