Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How to live peacefully and happily?

A few days ago, a friend replied my message saying, "Don't pressure yourself by speculating what others think of yourself."

Yea, I like that word "speculating". He knew me so well. I just can't stop thinking of how others think of me and for the past 32 years, I've been living miserably because when someone did not smile at me or did not reply my SMS, I'll "speculate" whether a wrong had been done and what I should be doing next. Sometimes I even sacrificed my sleeping time to think of it which caused me sleepless nights and insomnia.

I have tough time with myself. This friend who advised me has known me for 14 years. Flashing back 14 years ago, we studied in the same school for Form 6. I had hated him for he gave me the impression of a proud guy who thought he knew best and for some time I refused to talk to him though we were committee members in the same society. It was after some time that I asked him and he explained. I was astonished at how he could ignore what others think of him. He said it's of no use spending time thinking of what others think of ourselves. If they are not satisfied with us, they'll come to talk to us. Otherwise, stop wasting time doing that. 

It's so enlightening! I've put myself in a prison for so long and I really deserve a knock on my head. For the past weeks, I've also "speculated" on how a friend who used to talk to me often did not even want to talk to me. It made me so sad. I started to think what made her refused to talk to me and was it something I said in our previous conversations. Whatever it is, if you're not satisfied with me or what I do, come to me and talk about it. I want to stop "speculating" what you may think of me!

Thanks Ching Leong for your message. You help me grow. 

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads