Friday, March 9, 2012

It's expensive. Don't buy lah!

Recently, I'm very fond of picture books because of the help I could get. My son likes the book, "Elmo loves you." There is one page saying, "Kids love toys," and I twisted the meaning a little. I told my son:

"Look! The baby wants a bear and the Mommy said, "You've so many soft toys at home. Let's not buy it. And the sister wants a doll. The Mommy said, "Let's look at the price. Oh Wow! It's expensive. Let's not buy it.' And look at them, they did not cry. So, Baby have to be good and not cry when Mama didn't buy you toys.

My boy nodded and the pictures have surely internalised into him. The story works miraculously and he never lament or throw tantrum when I refuse to buy him toys.

And now, last Tuesday, we were in Tesco and I was browsing at the ovens, my son said, "It's expensive la. Don't buy. At home got already lah."

What should I say?

I called my friend to check the price of ovens. She told me the next day was Jusco members' day. So, I bought a new oven the next day with cheaper price when my son was attending school. WA HAHA HA!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads