Thursday, October 6, 2011

The impossible has become possible - through God

I've always thought that I was not able to change.

I"ve this gene that was passed down by my dad, my dad from his dad and so on...And for all these years, I was always haunted with the same problem - quick temper. Relatives from the same family branches always blame it on the gene and said that it's in our blood when others are hurt and with the same excuse, we hope that the hurt person will forgive us or overlook the faulty in our gene. and so, changing in us is - impossible!

Even after knowing Christ for almost 7 years now, I've JUST grasped the impossible!

A sis in Christ visited  me recently and shared me her testimonies. Long story cut short, I told her it's almost impossible for me to change. The 'gene' is in me and I've like no control to what I'll be doing when the temper takes in. I felt hideous each time after a temper broke out. I felt sinful. I felt sad...devastated that there's no cure for me.

And then I started to pray...earnestly. It did not come just like that...but gradually, I feel I'm changing. When there were incidents which provoke me to get angry, I kept cool and talked to God instead.

I am a FREE person now, free from all the superstitiousness, free from the bind of the so-called 'hereditary' hot temper and most of all - I know that, "with God, nothing is impossible."

Jesus Christ wants us to be free. He wants us to be free from alcohol, free from gambling, free from illicit sexual desires / activities, free from the bind of superstitious beliefs, free from our negative behaviours / attitudes / characters or whatsoever hereditary. The word "FREE" means we are in control of what we don't want to do. For example, when I do not want to get angry, I am free to do that. But if you don't want to do something but are unable to control yourself from doing it, you're bound!

Be a free person today and seek for Jesus Christ!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads