Saturday, October 9, 2010

Second Course of Antibiotics

It is nearing a month from the first day that my son fell sick. His fever came and gone, came and gone, then cough and flu and recently, fever again. I just did not know what went wrong. Yesterday, we brought him to the fourth doctor. 

Doctor said that his tonsils are swollen and have white dots all over it. It is the sign of throat infection and the reason for the prolong fever. And he should be given antibiotics. I hesitated at first for giving him antibiotics. Frankly, if possible, I would avoid anything to do with antibiotics. And with recent reports from the newspaper that antibiotics will mess up the stomach and so on, it proves that antibiotics will do more harm to the body than good. We would prefer probiotics if possible, but not this time. Doctor said there is no other choice than antibiotics. 

When I reached home, I opened the box and read the instructions. I do not like the "Side Effects" part. Reading it made me shiver and refuse to let my son have the antibiotics. Nevertheless, long story cut short, I gave him at last. When I was thinking how much of harm the antibiotics would do to him, I was also thinking  on how much harm the throat infection would do to him. The infection could be worse than the antibiotics itself. 

Now, my son is going through the second course of antibiotics...at this age, not even one year old...

I really wish that he can have his healthy body again by the age of one, which is coming soon, on October 18. Keeping the fingers crossed...May God bless Isaac. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads