Saturday, February 20, 2016

We come to serve and not to be served

When I was struggling to figure out what to write (because I envisioned that my readers miss my writing 󾰬󾌪󾌪), I thought, maybe writing is just not what God wants me to do and then BOOM BANG BOOM and God gave me so much of inspiration that my mind can't stop working on how to put them into words!

I somehow joined the PIBG whatsapp group of my son's school. At first, I find it a nuisance because my phone can't stop beeping. Some parents left the group. Some remained including me because I don't want to miss anything interesting or important. Though I am not the active lot who join what the group is doing, I have learnt something invaluable from them.

The active members updated us their progress in planning for CNY celebration and what were needed and that they desperately needed volunteers! VOLUNTEERS!

Oh, my! At this fast pace age when everybody is busy with own things and especially looking for extra $$$, volunteering is out of everyone's mind! People would rather sit in the comfort of their home and enjoying their favourite TV program than having a meeting in the school after work.

And today is the day for the open house. We were punctual and I was amazed at the decoration and how the VOLUNTEERS worked in harmony and with joy! Who are they? They are also working adults. They are also parents of kids who are studying. It takes great LOVE and JOY to be able to GIVE out their precious time.

Serving others is one difficult thing to do but that's what Jesus wants us to do.
"The greatest among you shall be your servant"
Matthew 23:11

And what's the reward?
"Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered."
Proverbs 11:25

Besides, if you volunteer and work to help others, you actually live longer! This is proven scientifically and you can google for other health benefits it provide.

Now that we know how important serving is, let's serve with a humble heart to glorify our Father in heaven.

"Let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads