Sunday, December 9, 2012

Viral infection can be prevented with a little consideration towards others


Recently my son contracted hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD). There was no point starting the blame game but it all started with one child, whose parents knew about their child’s condition, yet left him in the playschool and let the virus spread among his friends. It was plain selfish. My son and my friend’s daughter were infected too. And I advised my friend not to bring her daughter to an event because her daughter needs to be quarantined for at least one week to ensure she is fine before going to public places, especially getting in contact with other kids. She replied me with, “My husband said she is fine.” I was overwhelmed by her answer. How could parents be so selfish? They think that there is little chance of passing on the sickness to someone else and when it really does, they do not feel guilty at all? What have become of our society and mentality? Aren’t other people’s children, children too? Don’t we feel pain when our children are hurt, going foodless for days and yet we want other children to feel that pain too? Here I would like to plead to parents out there to not let your children join any function when they are sick. Hand, foot and mouth disease is infectious, just like chicken pox and tuberculosis. It can be prevented with a little consideration towards others, with a little time spent at home with the children and not to expose them to the public. When I visited the doctor, he said our country has more such cases compared to Westerners. This is because Westerners take other people into consideration and do not wish the virus spread to others. As a well-informed society, let us go to the next level, the level of not only thinking for ourselves but others too. Children around the world are the same – they feel pain the same way your children do. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads