Thursday, November 8, 2012

Why has my child turned bad all of a sudden?

My son's teacher, Lydia, or my sis in Christ lent me a book by Reverend Dr. Stephen Tong. It is written in Chinese and I have to read it slowly, very slowly to understand it. And probably reading slowly does help to punch in the words into my mind. 

"Why has my child turned bad all of a sudden?" he said a parent asked. 

The parent should examine himself / herself. 

A child does not turn bad 'all of a sudden'. It was the parent who did not take notice of the changes in his/her child. 

Hence, parents are advised to be alert and conscious about their children's behaviour every now and then and not wait till something has happened and blamed it on someone or even God. That is irresponsible. 

It's a good lesson for me and hopefully for you too...It'll be zero quality time when a mother / father is typing away with the computer while the son shares the same room playing all by himself. It's zero quality time when a son types away with the computer when the father reads the newspaper. Take notice of your child every new behaviour now and stop him from turning bad. 

I'll continue to share the key points of the book in my next posts. 

Till then, God bless!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang ads